Monday 12 August 2013

New Designer: Tanya Taylor

I have decided it would be nice if every Monday, I do a post about a new upcoming designer. I have to admit, I'm not a huge buff on new talent, but I know about some great designers trying to get into the much polluted fashion industry.
 Tanya Taylor is a former Parsons graduate, and a former designer for Elizabeth and James. Originally from Canada, she is now based in New York. She says she focuses on close attention to detail, which definitely comes across in her collections. She describes her designs as ''elegant and experimental'' and ''sees vintage inspiration through an eclectic, modern eye''.


I love her new collection, Fall 2013. I feel her Spring collection was extremely hard to get to the same standard of design, but I think she hit the mark. She has used a lot of sharp tailoring, leather, and plaid checks. Each outfit is balanced, and well thought out. My favourite pieces have to be the red check dress on third column, fourth outfit. It's so elegant, yet fun and modern at the same time. I also love fifth column, fourth outfit. The matching skirt and shirt works so well together, and would be really fun to accessorize.

To browse her very stylish website, click here.










No comments:

Post a Comment