Friday 9 August 2013

Primark Autumn/Winter 2013

Primark has a reputation for being cheap, nasty, and bad quality. Many people avoid the store at all costs. It's a shame, but completely understandable. Sometimes you do wonder what the designers are up too at Primark, but one thing I know, this could change.

Primark are planning to bring out 'collections', perhaps like Chloe, Chanel, Dior, and others alike. I would guess that they are trying to reach those 'many people' who won't go near it with a barge pole. One thing keeps running through my head; Will Primark, ever be, high end? You tell me.



For me, I think it depends what exactly you call 'high end'. The prices are going to go up because of manufacturing costs, but nothing unaffordable. Some people, think if it hasn't got an extravagant price tag, it isn't worth having. I completely disagree. In my eyes, finding things in regular high-street stores, and wearing it with other things and re-creating the item is far more talented, then going to a big, high end shop in London and wearing it for the sake of it. Y'know?

This new collection is certainly an improvement on their 'Geek' t-shirts. It looks like there will be lots of Duffle coats, Trench coats, Bomber jackets, sweaters and heels. Sounds like a good combination to me! One of my favourite things from their new collection has to be their lovely Bomber Jacket  on picture 3. I think these kinds of jackets are going to be huge trend this coming season, so I'd grab one before they get too pricey. Another thing I love here it that gorgeous faux-leather midi-skirt. It's one of those pieces you can wear with anything, and I think it's a wardrobe staple really. The last thing from this collection I like has to be that gorgeous pale-pink blazer coat in the last picture. Out of all the things here, this is the one I think I'm going to go and buy! It looks like it has a nice texture, and you have to love that light peachy pastel shade. Overall, I think this collection will be very successful, and so it should be.

So, is it going to reach to that market, which for them, is so hard to do? Yes..no..maybe? It really depends. Personally, I don't think they will ever be able to brush off that 'cheap tag' completely, but I think they are getting closer with this new collection.

So for you Fashionistas who never give Primark a second look, maybe you should think twice and go have a look around. You could be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment