Sunday 15 June 2014

Birkenstocks - Love or Loath?

Some love them and some despise them - for a pair of shoes, they're pretty controversial. They've been around for a very long time, and have come in and out of fashion magazines ever since - but still not all that many people like them, which I must admit is completely understandable. They're big, wide, clunky, heavy and completely unflattering, but for some reason they are so naf and ugly, I absolutely love them.

They're minimalistic in the most stocky way possible. Despite their totally unattractive features, they go practically with anything. They seem to go through popularity phases - and I don't know if it is just me, but they're in one currently. There's a variety of styles such as the classic double strap (the pair I have), the one strap, toe post, triple strap and many more. They're also available in pretty much an colour or texture. Also, if you're not prepared to dish out on the real Birkenstocks, you can buy them from anywhere such as New Look, Topshop, even Primark.

So, do you love or loath these shoes? Let me know in the comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment