Saturday 17 August 2013

Chloé Autumn/Winter Collection 2013

Chloé have been very popular in the fashion industry ever since it was founded in 1952. Every season they bring out a great collection to wow the fashion world. I have been trying to keep up with some of the new collections, and when finding Chloé's new collection, I expected to be drooling over my computer, but turns out I was wrong.
Yes, this collection is nice, I personally, don't think lives up to Chloé standards, especially that which of the 2011 Autumn/Winter collection.  I really hate talking badly of brands, but this is simply because of their previous collections, which have been very hard to live up too.

 I am certainly one for simplicity and modernity, but I think this just shouts boring to me. Like most collections there are some lovely pieces. I especially like the black coat on the 5th picture, and I am also a big fan of the matching tweed coat and skirt piece on the 9th picture. Unfortunately, on Chloé's previous collections, every item of clothing would be a favourite.
One thing I do love about this collection is the shoes. They are chic, simple and forever in style. If there was one thing I would take from this collection, I would definitely take a pair of those teal heeled oxfords any day. Yes, I am sure hundreds of companies have designed very similar shoes before, but they are classics, and look good with any outfit.

Overall, I would say it was a slightly disappointing collection. This is my opinion, and I am sure there are many who love this one, but sometimes less is more can be taken a little too literally. I would be interested to see what you guys think of Chloé's new collection. 

Let me know by emailing me at: thenameislois@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment