Tuesday 24 December 2013

Paris Street Style Review

  If you saw my post 'books, books, books!' you may have seen the book Paris Street Style on there. Back then, I was expecting it as a birthday present, and now I have fully read it and thought I should to a small review about the book.



Content:
The content of this book was very good. Clear and easy to read. Nothing hard to understand, but not written in a childlike manner. There was more writing that I suspected which was a good thing, and all was cut into short paragraphs into a readable and un-intimidating state. I found the interview pages which were in each chapter a tad boring; hearing randomers about their opinions of elegance and femininity wasn't all that gripping or interesting. There was some useful information about the history of couture, but nothing that I didn't already know. I would say this book is more of a easy read while drinking coffee, then a hardcore review of the history of Parisian fashion.

Photos:
The photos and illustrations really were excellent. Clean and fresh; they were real, quirky and stylish. There is no more to say - the photos were great

Design: 
Simple, and very French. The elegant nautical print worked well and grabbed my attention on the Urban Outfitters website.


Content: 6/10
Layout: 8/10
Photos: 9/10
Design: 7/10
Fashion: 7/10
Overall: 37/50






No comments:

Post a Comment