Tuesday 18 February 2014

Primark S/S14 Collection

One of my main aims for this blog to cater for all fashion lovers, including the fashion-week obsessed, Burberry wearing, beauty loving female, to the high-street, super scrimping, penny pinching woman. Both are just as important within the fashion industry. There's only so many blogs that try with both, and that's what I'm trying to do.

If you are the latter and love to look just as good but for less, then you'll probably like Primark. Primark is a funny shop to me. Sometimes it has some really great bits and bobs that look so much more costly than it is, then other times it looks exactly like Primark which isn't particularly a good thing.

One of my main rules for Primark is in moderation. At the end of the day, the goods aren't going to last forever so buying a whole outfit in there isn't a good idea. Hems will unravel, buttons will fall off, and colours will fade but that is exactly what you'd expect, so one of my golden rules is don't spend more that £12 on one piece in there. I've made this mistake by buying a blue felt feeling coat in there one time. It was £20 and before I got it home the clasp had broken, and in a few months the pleather panelling has un-stitched and it looked a mess. By this time obviously I had worn it and couldn't take I back. So, if I were you, limit your purchases to £12, because any more than that won't be worth it in the long run.

Ramble over, Primark as usual have brought out a new collection for the coming season. I'm a tad skeptical as it all looks a bit too good to be true. I think it looks good here, but I'm not sure how good it will look on the hanger in the store, or on you. For most SS collections, the colours were light, airy and pretty much the basic pastels. A lot of whites, creams, pale pinks, light greens, and the tad of black. Despite the fact I'm slightly unsure, there are definitely some great stuff in this collection that I'm almost certain I'm going to buy.



The first part of the collection that has really impressed me is the shoes. One of the first things I saw when I was scrolling through the photos was these beautiful white clunky sandals with a black sole. Then another pair of clunky shiny sandals. Then more and more and before I knew it the shoes range was actually all together brilliant, I'm just hoping they'll look as good in real life as they do on the screen.

Although I'm not a trend or fad lover, they have really done their research. Those beautiful skorts, yep they've got it. That even more beautiful windowpane print, yeah, they have that too. In fact, they have everything that has been popular over the past year.  I also realized they took inspiration from Celine in one of their outfits. They've paid good attention, and that's something hard to do for a company so focused on keeping affordable.

Overall, the more I look at it, the more I love it. And yes there's a voice in the back of my head warning me it's to good to be true, maybe that voice is wrong this time, and Primark have genuinely got it right. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment