Wednesday 19 March 2014

Looks Good Enough To Eat

A little while back I came across the artist Mary Ellen Johnson and have been meaning to write about her and her work ever since. As with many other artists, I came across their work on Pinterest and thought it was so good, realistic and accurate yet had a sense of humour because of the subject she was painting; food. Most subject matter of still lives are things such as people, animals and vases of flower, not a delicious look dessert or a yummy plate of pancakes. I do love some of the more modern and abstract art, but the paintings that look just as real as the original thing are the ones I truly admire as they take genuine talent and time. Even though the paintings themselves are spectacular, you don't gain the real picture until you view it from a distance. I think painting something such as food is very clever as food is universal and everyone can enjoy the art and realize its whole idea from whatever culture. I love this artist, and I love her humerus but ridiculously real paintings even more. Here are some of my favourites.





No comments:

Post a Comment