Tuesday 18 March 2014

Can't Live Without Products

I'm definitely not a beauty blogger. I rarely ever wear make-up and I'd rather spend money on something substantial that I can feel, wear and won't run out in a couple of months. Though I do own quite a few cosmetics and hair-care products, some everyday users and others an occasional spritz of. My skin is very temperamental. I have eczema and do sometimes have breakouts, and there for am pretty careful what I put on my face. Here are some of my most loved products, and some that really helped me and my dry, sensitive face.



Herbal Essences 'Hello Hydration' Shampoo

This is my regular shampoo which I have been using and loving for many years. It's targeted at people with very dry hair like mine, and it works a treat. I have shoulder-length, thick, straight, dry hair which has tendencies of frizzing. This shampoo I recommend one-hundred times and over, and I can't even describe how nice it smells. If summer had one definitive scent, that would be it. Herbal Essences has a matching conditioner and hair mask which I have used an enjoyed.



Shockwaves Hair Mousse (Hold 4)

I don't use mousse all the time, but if I did, I'd use this one. I have just got through my first bottle and I will be going to buy another. I don't really need to use mousse to give my hair volume, but more to hold curls and to keep it in place. It did that, and gave it volume as well. I don't blow-dry my hair (shockers!) so I just put it in the roots, and then the ends, and let it air dry. Works well, and smells lovely. It's affordable and practical.




Dr.Organic Virgin Olive Oil Shampoo

I use this shampoo about every two-three weeks, and use it mainly has a hair therapy. As it is Organic, it doesn't lava, it just slips down your hair. It's easy to rinse, and when your hair is dry, I guarantee your hair will be the softest it will have ever been. Soft, silky and smooth. It smells a tad of olive oil, but I would mainly say it was scentless. I will forever recommend this shampoo.





Simple Face Wash

This is my main face wash, and I use it most days. It washes, cleanses and leaves my face feeling soft and taught. It is scentless and does exactly what it says on the bottle. I would say it takes a little while to 'break it in' as it were, but after your first couple of washes, it should work well.



Witch Hazel

This is probably the most effective product on this list, and the one I can't live without the most. Witch Hazel is almost an anti-bacterial liquid (similar to the likes of TPC, without the smell) and it the core ingredient in a toner. I buy it in it's simplest form (from Sainsbury's) and wipe it over my face every morning and evening. It completely dries out all my spots, and because of that, it is necessary to moisturize. Nevertheless, if you need a spot zapper, buy this, not some expensive potion that won't work.

Clean & Clear 4-Hour Spot Treatment

   This is an effective, quick and easy gel that comes in this handy little tube which works very fast. If you're looking for a long-term solution, this isn't it, but for the quick, temporary fading of a spot, you might find this useful, I know I do.                                            


Boots Botanics Organic Facial Oil

This is a very nice product which I love very much. Its organic and good for your skin, and is very useful to use before bed. Some may find £9.99 for a 25ml bottle of oil expensive, and others might not. Each to their own, but nevertheless a really great product.




Kate Moss Body Lotion

This is a product I have been using for a very long time. This lovely lotion by Kate Moss is a luxurious consistency with a gorgeous smell. It makes your hands soft and feel mositurized and gentle. I reccomend!



Cath Kidston Hand Cream (Rose, Honeysuckle, Bluebell)

Being a huge fan of the Cath Kidston cosmetic range, I am a regular user of her hand creams. Obviously the main reason I love them is because of the scent, but it does make your hands lovely and soft. The smells are simply amazing as it smells exactly (I mean exactly) like flowers.



Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Nail Treatment

This is quite expensive for a glorified clear nail varnish, but not for one that works. if applied everyday (as asked) your nails will grow that tad quicker. To be honest, I actually bite my nails quite chronically and bought it to give me more a chance of growing them. Now, I just use it on my toenails. It does what it says, and I would say it just is worth the amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment