Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas!





I've left it to the very last minute to talk about the big day, which actually so happens to be tomorrow! I haven't been feeling all that festive this year, and it has definitely taken longer to kick in that last year (christmas music in October!). Despite this, I have been taking part in a few Christmas-esque activities.

I have mentioned in previous posts that I attend Girls Brigade, which is a club very similar to the likes of Girl Guides. They have an annual Christmas production which I normally try to avoid getting a part in. This year, I decided to bite the bullet and join in! I also played the saxophone with the orchestra that I attend in a Christmas concert. It would appear that I suddenly grew some confidence right at the end of 2014!

My local city, Exeter, also did a great job of filling the streets with festive cheer. They hosted a German market on the Cathedral green for the third or fourth year now. There, they sell international foods, christmas ornaments, fur rugs, wooden sculptures, hat, scarves - everything really! It's normally very busy so I didn't get a too thorough look through, but just a wander around get you filled with the festive spirit! I also went to a local Christmas market in a very posh street in Exeter. There was a live band, rides, and lots of food. The scents of mince pies and mulled wine flowed through the street, and it was indeed a very lovely occasion.

As I am a Christian, Christmas means more to me than the presents, games, and even family. I celebrate this glorious time of the year simply because it is Jesus' birthday. It is always a poignant reminder for us of the day all those many years ago, Jesus entered the world as a baby in a manger.

With that said, I am wishing all of you the most wonderful Christmas imaginable. I hope you all receive some lovely gifts, eat some fattening food, and spend hours of fun and laughter with your family. Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment