Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Making of Chanel

Sometimes I feel the world forgets to dig deeper. We see something for what it looks like on the outside, but perhaps forgets the story behind it. In fashion terms, this could mean we forget how something is designed, cut, proportioned, and most importantly put together. Although, the final outcome is very crucial, the saying 'don't judge a book by it's cover' could apply to more than books. When I see an item of clothing by the classics such as Chanel, Dior, Yves, and all the others, I expect the utter best in handmade goods the world will ever see considering the prices.

At the moment, my biggest internet pastime is Youtube. Although most people do this earlier, I'm currently in the midst of watching the full catwalks of S/S14. Whilst doing this, I came across this video, and I reckon it's worth a watch. It shows the sheer precision that goes into Chanel's pieces. Though I'm not always head over heels for Chanel, I do thank them, because I think they're the many source to keep Haute Couture alive.




No comments:

Post a Comment