Monday 3 February 2014

Behind the Screen

I've been blogging on Thenameislois regularly since august now, and although that's nothing compared to some of the veterans in the industry, I just thought that you don't know all that much about me, and my background. When I read other peoples blog, I love to read their posts and find out what rocks their boat. What they love, hate, what gets them excited, everything. I like to know their life, their background, their hopes and their beliefs. I don't know if that's just me being nosey, but I'm sure some others feel the same. So.


Introduction

Hello. You may have gathered this by now, but my name is Lois. Perhaps to your surprise, it's pronounced Low-Iss, not Lewis or Louis as some people think. I'm the young age of 14, but don't judge me on a number. I live in the bliss countryside of England, and my house is surrounded by miles of trees, fields and cottages. Fashion is my passion, as clique as it sounds, and I genuinely love it will all of my being.


Future Plans

Ever since the tender age of six, I've wanted to be a fashion designer. The closer I approached my current mindset, the more I realized that of course, this is an extremely hard occupation or vocation to achieve. Not that I'm not going to try, but perhaps I'll settle for less. I would be more that happy to be a fashion journalist, photographer, tailor or creative director as I believe I have skills for all of the above. I bet you're thinking I sound naive right now, but I do have think any of these would fulfil my love for fashion. I'm an average student (who happens to be Dyslexic), who has a surprising love for Science, but nevertheless, Art & Fashion is where my heart lies, I don't think that will ever change.


Background

I live (as I said) in the countryside of England. I live with my mum, dad and older brother, not to mention my dog Dusty, tortoise Timmy, ducks Margot & Jerry, and a bunch of nameless stick insects. I got to a small Christian school with only 20 students all together, but they are my extended family, and I love them all to bits. 


Beliefs

I'm a born-again Christian, and I'm not ashamed to tell you that. Although my love for fashion is great, my love for God is even greater. I'm a good advocate for a normal 14 year old girl who is a Christian, not a fuddy-duddy, uncool stranger who's not in the real world. (in my opinion, you may think different!) Therefore, I totally believe in seven day Creation, heaven, miracles, and a God who genuinely loves you more than anyone or anything does or potentially could. 

My Aim

I'm not here for views, exposure, money or anything. I'm here cause I love fashion. I don't write cause I have to, I write cause I want to. All the things I write about, I do love. It's not an advertising plea, or a hope that someone will pick up on the 'trendy' things I'm posting. My aim for this blog is to combine the surreal life and designs of Couture such as Chanel, Vuitton, ect, and mix it with thrumps of high-street thriftiness such as boot sales and charity shops.


My Style

I cannot for the life of me describe my style. I would call it Modgeicated (believe me when I say I just made that up). Modgeicated is a combination of mod, a tad of grunge, and a edge of sophistication. The mod is from my deep love for 60's culture, fashion and music. A big of grunge from my love for Doc Martens, plaid, and deep denim, and sophistication from plain cashmere jumpers, stark white t-shirts, and chiffon shirts. 

Music

I go through lots of phases. Owl City was one, that was major. I still love him to this day. I love his dreamy synth tunes and his cute lyrics. And then another phase came along, Beatlemania. I fell in love with these four men and their amazing sound not all that long ago, and that lead me to a general love for 60's music such as The Who, The Kinks, The Ronnettes, with a splash of 70's such as Stealers Wheel and ELO. I also love the sounds Jake Bugg and Two Door Cinema Club, although I don't sit down and listen to them all that often. Oh and I have a soft spot for a man named Michael Buble.

Other

I'm a vegetarian. I have a bizarre obsession with ladles. I have very long toes and fingers. I think BBC antique programmes are marvellous. Interior design is another love of mine. I enjoy sewing. My favourite colour is mustard yellow or lime green. Linda McCartney food is the best (try the pies, mm). I only drink water. I love science and that feeling of being utterly confused and awestruck with the amazing world around us. And there's more, but I doubt you need to know.



If you have ANY questions, requests, or comments please send them to:
thenameislois@gmail.com

My Pinterest (which I'm ALWAYS on)

My Tumblr

My Polyvore
hopes-and-fears.polyvore.com/

My Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment