Monday 28 July 2014

Book Review: Talking Fashion

I read a quite a few fashion books. I've said this numerous times, but fashion books in general are my favourite genre - if it is a genre. I've read many over the years, but a few weeks back I picked up the book 'Talking Fashion' by Jan Kedves from the library, and I'm so glad I did.

This book was different to most books about the intriguing world of fashion. Most other books are either 'what to wear' kinda books, or hardcore history of couture books, either of which can be tedious. The concept of this book was basically interview after interview. It includes interviews with Raf Simons (being the most famous) to fashion illustrators, photographers - the lot.

Because it consisted of interviews and interviews only, it was written (obviously) in a completely conversational matter. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I personally found it very refreshing. Easy to read, and not mind-clogging at all. Casual and relaxing - something very new to the world of fashion literature.


Raf Simons was probably the most famous person who was interviewed in this book.
The pictures were also very well chosen and placed. Each relevant to the current subject the interviewee is talking about. Good quality with suiting captions, the pictures were un-faultable. 

If you, like myself, are an avid fashion reader, I recommend this book to you. It's oh so easy to read, and not at all tedious. Also, its very new and up to date. You can pick this book up for around £13.50 on Amazon UK. Its definitely worth the read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment