Sunday 31 August 2014

Pre-Fashion Week Thoughts

Fashion week(s) is technically the biggest and most crucial part of the year for designers, bloggers, fashion photographers, and fashion spectators alike. Its where designers eventually show their collections which they have been working on for months, and finally find out what the industry thinks. It's when bloggers are eagerly watching in real life or online for the shows, and are writing reviews on their blogs and social media. It's when fashion photographers wait outside shows for models and famous watchers to take a quick snap of their outfits, and it's when the whole fashion industry, from every corner of the planet are united in watching the next season's collections. 

Fashion week isn't popular with everyone, however. Many people think it is a very vain, put-on time of the year when a lot of people gather to watch meaningless drivel - but high fashion is rarely favoured by the outside world anyway.

New York  

This Thursday, which is the 4th September 2014, New York Fashion Week starts off with a Nicholas K show. And so follows a whole eight days of shows, presentations, meet and greets, and backstage parties. New York has a few shows which I am excited for, but not half as many as London and Paris, but of course that is personal preference. The few shows in which I look forward to coming out are Lacoste, DKNY's, and a couple smaller brands such as Tome and VivienneTam. 

London 

London Fashion Week which starts on Friday, September 12th, is only five days long. The 'week' is kicked off by J.JS Lee's show at 10:00 am that Friday morning. I have high hopes for London, as on the Sunday (14th) has some very strong shows which I can't wait for, such as: Mulberry, Topshop Unique, Paul Smith, Margaret Howell  as well as the big name Vivienne Westword, and some smaller shows such as Toga, David Koma and Belstaff. I think this could be a big one, so keep your eyes peeled. 

Milan 

Milan out of the big 4, has to be my least favourite. Despite this, I will not go in pessimistically. Milan's fashion week which starts on the 17th of September until the 22nd, has a few big headline runners. I can't say there are even any shows which I am anxiously champing at the bit to see, but I'm sure they will pull it out of the bag, as per usual. 

Paris 

Because Paris for some reason still is 'home' for haute couture in my eyes, this is my favourite show which I genuinely cannot wait for. Paris Fashion Week which starts on Tuesday 23rd right up until the 1st of October, has some huge names showing, as usual. Celine, Dries Van Noten, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Sain Laurent, Stella McCartney, Lavin, and the list goes on and on. I am indeed most excited for Paris, and I reckon we are going to have some simply amazing shows this year.

So here we have, a month jam packed with fashion in all its fullness. I think this year is going to be simply stunning, but when is it not? I will write a review in a months time. Here goes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment