Friday 28 November 2014

Liberty of London


For the past two weeks, I have been watching Series 2, of Liberty of London. I don't watch all that much television, I watch the Apprentice, and a few shows like the Great British Bake Off alike, but other than that, I am rarely glued to the tele. Last year, I tuned in to watch 'Liberty of London', which was series 1, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had no idea that they would make a second series, so when I found out that a second series was soon going to be aired, I immediately set it on record.

Liberty's is a high-class, luxury British gift, fashion, print and interior department store, set in Regent Street, London. It has been equated with elegance and quality ever since it was opened in 1875 by Arthur Liberty. Liberty is often compared to the likes of Harrods and Selfridges, all three seemingly equal in the world of high-end luxury in London.



The tv documentary has been very interesting. I by no means have the money or means to shop at such a wonderful shop, nor do I live in the catchment to even visit it, but nevertheless this show has been somewhat enlightening, even to me who has no relation to this store whatsoever!

Ed Burstell, managing director, plays a big part in this show. Throughout, he is trying to somewhat bring this shop, full of heritage and history, into the 21st century, by adding a contemporary and modern touch. 

As Liberty's has a huge and extensive fashion department with a massive range of modern designers, many of the episodes have a large chunk dedicated to the people and the products in the fashion department at the store. Therefore, this program would be especially interesting to fashion lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment